My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

More About the New Lens



Yesterday afternoon I went out and took some more photos with the new lens. I wanted to see what a picture looked like that was handheld and shot at 300 mm. I had some difficulty holding the lens steady. The above photo was shot with the lens fully open at f/5.6 and 1/1000 shutter speed. I am satisfied with the sharpness of the picture. The reviews that I read said this lens was rather soft at 300 mm. The lens cost only $130 which is extremely cheap for a lens from Nikon.

After I studied this photo for a while, I put a reminder in my pda to go get a 25 cent hotdog on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Mark M. Hancock said…

    You might want to invest in a quality monopod. It makes the lens stable and lifts the whole camera for you. I have a ball head on mine to get better angles (and make it tall enough for me), but it's one of the best investments you could make once you start shooting with long glass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.