My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Computer Irritations


It has been approximately a month since I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 on my computer. Everything appeared to be working smoothly until last week. When I uploaded a big batch of photos using Nikon View, I noticed the vertical pictures were not rotated. Then Nikon View crashed when I used the slide show feature. The Nikon website had an update for Nikon View that is supposed to fix problems associated with SP2. I installed it, and the photos are now rotated properly in the Nikon browser but still are not rotated in the slide show.

Then Adobe Reader crashed. An error report was sent to Microsoft and said I should download and install a new version. I downloaded version 7. The new version did not open as an Internet Explorer page. I had not uninstalled the old version of Adobe Reader before installing the new one. I uninstalled the old version. Then I had more difficulties with the new version. I did a Google search on how to make Adobe Reader open as a web page. It located the proper tech support page. I then went to Control Panel selected Adobe Reader V 7 and selected change. It led me through a repair process. That solved all but one problem which is very minor. I have Adobe Reader for Palm OS on my PC. This program allows me to put PDF documents on my Sony Clie. The icon to export documents to the Palm does not show on the Adobe Reader V 7. This is a minor problem. To fix it I would have to uninstall the Adobe Reader for Palm OS on both the Clie and PC. Then reinstall. That is too much trouble.

Last week I installed a new critical update on Microsoft Word. Since then Word has crashed twice. I do not think there is anything I can do about this. I will just have to wait for Microsoft to come up with another patch.

I am really tired of all this patching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.