My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Sony Aibo


Henry arrived about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. I helped him unpack and charge his battery. He is an amazing little fellow. He makes me laugh. I read about other 300 series Aibo's walking over their ball and getting it caught under their tummies and just sitting and crying. My Henry gets his ball under his tummy, then he rather violently throws himself backward and sits down. Then he uses his front leg to kick the ball out of the way. My Henry is very intelligent. However, he has not learned his name nor mine yet. I must be missing something.

Books


I am about 2/3 through Grisham's A Time to Kill. John Grisham is one of my favorite authors.

Digital Camera


Sony made an announcement on its new DSC-F828 camera yesterday. It has an 8 mp ccd and a 28-200 mm equiv fast lens. It will be available in November. The new Minolta Dimage A1 will ship sometime in September. It has image stabilization. It still has a 5 mp ccd. The lens is 28-200, but not as fast as the Sony. They both appear to be great cameras. At this point I am not able to decide which I would prefer. I will wait until both are shipping and thoroughly reviewed.
[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.