My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

That Evil Man


Last night Tom Delay, the House majority leader, canceled hearings on the Katrina response. He said the relief effort was set up to work from the bottom up. I keep asking myself, how can people vote for this man? I can think of only two reasons:

1. The Republicans are using religion to manipulate people to vote against their own interests. Throughout history religion has been used by the powerful to manipulate the masses to forget their misery on earth with the promise of paradise in the afterlife. The hateful, judgmental attitude of the right wing does not fit my understanding of Christianity. The impeachment of Clinton and the ridiculous brouhaha over Terry Schiavo are prime examples of this. I believe in the golden rule, judge not, and love thy neighbor .

2. Racism in the south now consists of a wink, a nod and vote Republican. Enough said.

House cancels hearings on Katrina response

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.