My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, August 29, 2005

It is good to be in Beaumont



I am watching the hurricane coverage on CNN. It is my usual routine to check Weather.com each morning for Beaumont’s weather forecast. One look at the radar image brought home how lucky we are in Southeast Texas. New Orleans is approximately 250 miles east of Beaumont. I have been through one minimal hurricane when I lived in Houston and had to evacuate twice from Beaumont. Each of the evacuations had me convinced my house would not be standing when I returned. Fortunately when I came back both times the hurricane had missed Beaumont. I am hoping the people of New Orleans will be as fortunate and the hurricane does the least possible damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.