My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Beaumont Public Library


Several weeks ago I wrote about finding that the Beaumont Public Library finally had gone online at: Beaumont Public Library . This week I decided to search the site for audio books. I found that they had a really good selection of new releases on CD. When I tried to reserve one, the system would not accept my library card number. It had been a very long time since I used my card. I called the library, and the lady I spoke with told me my card had expired. I went to the local branch and got a new card. I then went home and reserved five audio CD books. The same afternoon I got a phone call and was told one of the books I had reserved was in. I would have preferred being notified by email, but it appears they do not offer that option. I picked up John Grisham’s The Broker and immediately began listening to it. It is very enjoyable. That evening I checked online again and saw that one more of my choices was being held. I went back the next morning and picked up John Sandford’s Broken Prey. It is good that this system works so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.